City & Safari
Spend three nights in Cape Town at the luxurious Westin Cape Town boasting unique views of the V&A Waterfront as well as Table Mountain. Discover the city’s most precious sites with a guided half day Table Mountain & City tour and search for the Southern Right whales that make their way to these shores between July and November each year during a full day guided Hermanus tour.
After a short flight from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, continue on to the malaria-free Sibuya Game Reserve for a wildlife experience of note. Stay three nights at River Camp nestled in a riverine forest on the banks of the Kariega River and reached only by boat. Set out on daily game activities in search of incredible wildlife (including the famous Big 5) and over 400 different bird species. In addition, fishing, canoeing, optional horse riding and the old time favourite, relaxing, can be looked forward to.
- Rates are NETT & non-commissionable to international inbound tour operators
- Accommodation is based on standard room types only
- Guided tours are conducted in English. The Table Mountain & City tour might be dual language (English/German)
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- Full day Hermanus tour departs on a Wednesday, Friday or Sunday only
- Sibuya Game Reserve: Check in by 11h30. Scheduled boat transfers leave from Sibuya’s reception in Kenton-on-Sea once daily, 12h00. Guests are requested to check in at reception at least half an hour before the boat departure time. For departing guests, scheduled boat transfers return to reception 11h00 daily to allow for check out and departure by 11h30.
- The following block out dates at the Westin Cape Town apply:
30 August to 04 September 2015
06 September to 10 September 2015
16 October to 17 October 2015
26 October to 29 October 2015
18 November to 19 November 2015
30 November to 08 December 2015
- Return airport road transfers
- Half day guided Table Mountain & City tour (excluding Table Mountain Cableway tickets)
- Full day guided Hermanus tour (Stoney Point entrance fees excluded)
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the Westin Cape Town on a bed and breakfast basis.
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Sibuya Game Reserve on a Fully Inclusive basis
Scheduled boat transfers to and from camp
Afternoon and morning game drives, fishing and canoeing
- Table Mountain Cableway tickets
- Stoney Point entrance fees
- All flights
- Meals and drinks other than specified
- Additional activities
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
THE RATES ARE VALID FROM 01 JULY 2015 TO 30 NOVEMBER 2015 AND IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF ALL SERVICES AT THE TIME OF THE BOOKING (BLOCK OUT DATES APPLY)
An English speaking driver awaits your arrival at Cape Town International Airport for your transfer to the Westin Cape Town. Overnight at the Westin Cape Town.
Enjoy a delicious breakfast before departing on a guided half day Table Mountain & City tour. The drive to the city centre takes you past famous landmarks such as the Castle of Good Hope built in 1666 by the Dutch East India Company and City Hall, a baroque building and the Grand Parade. As you follow the city’s main thoroughfare, Adderley Street, view St. George’s Cathedral, the Anglican Diocese of Nobel Peace Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu and pass the Company Gardens and the Malay Quarter (also known as the Bo-Kaap). The route then leads you to Kloof Nek and the magnificent Table Mountain which you will ascend to the top [weather permitting] by the revolving cable car (Cable Way ticket to own account). Here, you’ll see wild flowers and the famous silver tree, and marvel at a birds-eye view of the city and its beaches. On a clear day it is even possible to see Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on one side and Cape Point on the other. Descend from the Upper Cableway station to your awaiting vehicle, heading back to your hotel. The rest of the afternoon is yours, so why not pop in at the V&A Waterfront to grab a light lunch, wander around the array of boutiques or embark on an afternoon boat cruise (optional and to own account). Overnight at Westin Cape Town. [B]
Depart early morning on an English guided tour to Hermanus in search of the ocean’s beautiful giants – the Southern Right whales. The circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestled between mountains and the sea is not only very beautiful but offers some of the best shore based whale watching opportunities in the world (July – November). Follow the coastline on the return journey with the possibility of further sightings of whales. A stop is made at Stoney Point, near Betty’s Bay, to have a look at the penguins (optional, for own account & time permitting) before returning to Cape Town in the afternoon. Overnight at the Westin Cape Town. [B]
After breakfast a transfer awaits, taking you to Cape Town International Airport for your domestic flight to Port Elizabeth from where you will be transferred to Sibuya Game Reserve’s reception at Kenton-on-Sea. Embark on a scheduled boat transfer (departs at 12h00 daily) taking you to your overnight camp. Take part in the afternoon’s game drive and discover the untouched beauty and wondrous wildlife creatures of this Eastern Cape Game Reserve. Overnight at Sibuya Game Reserve. [B, D]
Day Five & Day Six
Enjoy two full days in this natural sanctuary with an abundance of diverse wildlife - from elephant to over 400 different bird species, as well as renowned African the Big 5. Set out on two daily game drives and bird watching walks. Try your hand at fishing, explore the river by canoe, or relax at the lodge with the sound of the African bush as backdrop. Overnight at Sibuya Game Reserve. [B, L, D]
After breakfast and your morning game drive, depart on a scheduled boat transfer to Kenton-on-Sea from where you will be collected for your transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport. [B]