Southern Africa Guided Tours Photography Competition
Full Terms & Conditions
- The winning entry will be the one that is judged by the Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris management team to be the most visually appealing, original and enticing image of some aspect of our Guided Tours.
- This competition is free to enter and open to all photographers (amateur or professional) other than employees of Springbok Atlas and their family members. (Freelance guides are permitted entry.) No purchase required. Maximum entry of 25 photos per person.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each Jpg should be 300dpi and a maximum of 5MB, with you name, contact details, location of where the photograph was taken and date. Photos should not pre-date 01 January 2016.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 30 April 2017 South Africa (GMT+2).The winner will be notified within two weeks of the closing date of the competition.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work. The individual shall indemnify and keep indemnified Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris, against all actions, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses which may be levied against it or incurred by as a consequence of, or in connection with, any breach, default of the individual in respect of these provisions.
- Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual licence to Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material for the company and the destination without further compensation. The copyright of the photo remains with the photographer.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Any manipulation or modification to the original image is limited to minor retouching, resizing, flipping, cropping, selective lightening or darkening and restoration of the original colour of a scene.
- Prizes are as follows: 1 st prize: $1000, 2 nd prize: $500, 3 rd prize $250. Winners will be notified by email or telephone.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
- The winner’s name and country will be announced on our FB page.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond our control and accordingly we may vary or amend the promotion at our sole discretion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
- South African law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts shall prevail.