The Great Karoo Escape
02/01/2018 - 28/02/2018
01/03/2018 - 30/04/2018
01/05/2018 - 31/08/2018
01/09/2018 - 31/10/2018
The Great Karoo Escape
Soulful & Tranquil
A scheduled flight from Plettenberg Bay takes you to the small town of Graaff-Reinet in the Eastern Cape, from where a helicopter hop takes you to the Samara Private Game Reserve. Spend three nights at the 5-star Samara Karoo Lodge with meals included and two daily game-viewing activities.
- Rates are RACK & commissionable to international inbound tour operators
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- Package is based on a minimum of 2 guests
- PlettAir Safaris are operated with single crew. A second crew member can be requested at an additional charge
- Note for transfer from GRT (Graaff-Reinet) Airfield to Samara: Front passenger can weigh ±120kg and other passengers between 80kg and 100kg. If all of the baggage does not fit into the helicopter, it will be transferred to Samara at R525
- PlettAir Safaris’ scheduled routing between Plettenberg Bay and Graaff-Reinet flies on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only. This 4-day package is based on the scheduled arrival on a Thursday and departing on a Sunday. Note: the package duration can be shortened or lengthened to fly on different days as per the scheduled routing
- The Milky Way Star Bed must be pre-booked
- Return scheduled PlettAir Safaris flight from Plettenberg Bay to Graaff-Reinet
- Return helicopter flight from Graaff-Reinett to Samara Private Game Reserve
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Samara Private Game Reserve’s Karoo Lodge in a Lodge Suite on a full board with 2 activities basis. Includes all meals at Samara and 2 daily game activities
- All beverages
- Additional activities
- Milky Way Star Bed
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Telephone calls
- Travel insurance
THE RATES ARE VALID FROM 02 JANUARY 2018 TO 31 OCTOBER 2018 AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF ALL SERVICES AT THE TIME OF BOOKING
Plettenberg Bay – Samara Private Game Reserve
Depart Plettenberg Bay with PlettAir Safaris on a scheduled flight to Graaff-Reinet, one of South Africa’s oldest towns, situated in the Eastern Cape.
From Graaff-Reinet a 15-minute helicopter hop will take you to the malaria-free Samara Private Game Reserve where 70 000 acres of land have been restored over 20 years into what it is known as today—a magical land where wildlife species such as zebra, kudu, black rhino, springbok and buffalo roam the landscape which is rich in diverse vegetation biomes.
Combining modern-day luxuries with colonial comforts and a country feel, Karoo Lodge is just the place to relax and take in the serenity of the Karoo. Your spacious Lodge Suite is nestled inside the main homestead and opens onto a wide wrap-around verandah with outdoor seating, synonymous with traditional Karoo farmhouses.
Overnight at Samara Karoo Lodge. [D]
Day Two & Day Three
Samara Private Game Reserve
Traverse the land with an experienced ranger on a game drive while walking safaris also form an integral part of the bush experience for a chance to view the smaller wonders of nature which cannot always get spotted from a vehicle. One of the highlights may be the opportunity to track wild cheetah on foot!
When it comes to meals at Samara, they are a feast! With an array of stunning landscapes, dining options are endless – from a picnic lunch in the riverbed or in the shade of a shepherd tree to dining under the stars in the outdoor boma.
As an optional extra, consider your overnight in the Milky Way Star Bed for a night under the Karoo stars, a sight that will take your breath away! Arrive at sunset for a picnic dinner while watching the local wildlife descend to the water as dusk sets in.
Overnight at Samara Karoo Lodge. [BLD]
Samara Private Game Reserve – Plettenberg Bay
After breakfast depart on a short return helicopter flight to Graaff-Reinet from where PlettAir Safaris will fly you back to Plettenberg Bay. [B]