LGBT Travel South Africa
01/07/2017 - 23/09/2017
01/10/2017 - 15/12/2017
LGBT Travel South Africa
Discover Cape Town during a four-night stay at the renowned One&Only Cape Town located at the V&A Waterfront. A private Cape Peninsula Tour with an English speaking driver/guide is included in your stay.
Continue onto Johannesburg from where you will depart with a scheduled Federal Airlines charter flight to the malaria-free Madikwe Private Game Reserve for a two-night Big 5 safari experience. Stay at the luxuriously appointed Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge on a fully inclusive basis.
Spend the last two nights in Johannesburg’s Sandton suburb at the elegant Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa and embark on a private tour with an English speaking guide to discover the sights of Johannesburg and Soweto.
- Rates are RACK & commissionable to international inbound tour operators
- Rates for 24.09.17 – 30.09.17 are on request
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- Quote based on standard room types only
- Minimum 2 guests
- Please visit your local health practitioner prior to travel for the latest update on health issues and vaccines required
- Meet and assist upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport
- Return private road transfer from Cape Town International Airport to the One&Only Cape Town
- 4 nights’ accommodation at the One&Only Cape Town in a Marina Harbour Room on a bed & breakfast basis
- Private Cape Peninsula Tour with an English speaking driver/guide (includes Duiker Island Boat trip and entrance to Cape Point Nature Reserve, Boulders Beach and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens)
- Return scheduled Federal Airlines charter flight from O.R. Tambo International Airport to Madikwe Private Game Reserve
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge in a Jamala Villa on a fully inclusive basis (includes complimentary welcome drinks; all meals as prepared by their award-winning Chef; all local drinks, including a personal selection of house wines, teas, coffees and soft drinks; early morning and evening game drives; and all transfers to and from the lodge to the landing strip)
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa in a Grand Chateau Suite on a bed & breakfast basis
- Private Johannesburg and Soweto Tour with English speaking driver/guide (includes entrance to Mandela House, Hector Peterson Memorial and Constitution Hill)
- All flights not mentioned
- Meals not mentioned
- Beverages not mentioned
- Additional activities
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Telephone calls
- Travel insurance
THE RATES ARE VALID FROM 05 JANUARY 2017 TO 15 DECEMBER 2017 AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF ALL SERVICES AT THE TIME OF BOOKING
You have arrived in Cape Town—the magical city of wonders with the impressive Table Mountain as a backdrop—for a four-night stay. You will be met at Cape Town International Airport for your private transfer to the V&A Waterfront for a luxurious stay at the world-renowned One&Only Cape Town. Check in, put your bags down and start exploring! Overnight at One&Only Cape Town.
After breakfast, set off on a private Cape Peninsula Tour, discovering the beauty of Cape Point and the utterly spectacular Cape Peninsula. This scenic drive will take you to the south-western tip of the peninsula – which also happens to be Africa’s most south-westerly point. Meander along the Atlantic coast to Hout Bay where you can take an optional boat trip to Duiker Island (time permitting) to see the Cape Fur seals. Next, travel to the Cape Point Nature Reserve with its abundant fauna and flora. We continue along False Bay with a stop at historic Simon’s Town to visit the penguin colony at Boulders Beach and also pass the fishing village of Fish Hoek and seaside town of Muizenberg. Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens is next before returning to Cape Town. Overnight at One&Only Cape Town. [B]
Day Three & Day Four
Spend your next two days at leisure. You will have ample time to visit the sights of the Mother City at your own pace – from Table Mountain to Robben Island, Kloof Street to De Waterkant, and galleries to museums. Reminisce about the day’s events over a cup of coffee or a delightful meal accompanied by a glass of award-winning South African wine. And if you’re into the party scene, hit the clubs and paint the town red!
The V&A Waterfront offers an array of shopping opportunities, as well as exciting activities such as sunset cruises and helicopter flips. Take some time out at your hotel by booking a rejuvenating spa treatment at the hotel’s celebrated spa, or simply relax by the swimming pool. Overnight at One&Only Cape Town. [B]
Cape Town – Madikwe
Enjoy an early breakfast before being collected for a transfer to Cape Town International Airport for your onward flight to O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. From here, you’ll depart on a scheduled Federal Airlines charter flight to the 75 000-hectare malaria-free Madikwe Private Game Reserve—home to Africa’s Big 5—in South Africa’s North West province.
Your two nights at Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge promise superlative and intimate luxury fit for a king. With only five free-standing villas luxuriously appointed with trimmings such as a private plunge pool and sala, secluded outdoor shower, fireplace and a complimentary mini-bar, you can look forward to a rejuvenating and intimate stay. Overnight at Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge. [BD]
Today offers the excitement of two game drives in open safari vehicles in search of nature’s magnificent creatures. Being awarded with “Best Safari cuisine in Africa 2014/2015”, guests can expect exquisite cuisine and a tantalising taste sensation at Jamala! And for the ultimate relaxation experience, we recommend booking a Royal Spa treatment. Overnight at Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge. [BLD]
Madikwe – Johannesburg
Say goodbye to Madikwe and return to Johannesburg with a scheduled Federal Airlines charter flight. From O.R. Tambo Airport you’ll be collected and transferred to the Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa, an urban sanctuary boasting beautifully groomed gardens, located in the affluent suburb of Sandton. Relax the rest of the afternoon in the comfort of your elegant suite or benefit from the hotel’s charming facilities, such as beautiful gardens, gazebos, a Piano Lounge, and a Manicure and Pedicure Bar. The hotel also offers great dining options – Amuse Bouche Food and Wine caters for a smart affair, while Manor House Bistro offers a more casual dining option. Overnight at Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa. [B]
Enjoy a full day exploring the sights of Johannesburg and Soweto on a private tour. Highlights include Soweto’s Vilakazi Street with Mandela’s House, Freedom Square, the Hector Pieterson Memorial—the route of the uprising and place where Hector Pieterson was shot—and a drive past Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital. View the Nelson Mandela Bridge (photo opportunity only, not crossing the bridge), Mary Fitzgerald Square and general Newtown sites, the Carlton Centre and Constitution Hill (when open). Overnight at Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa. [B]
After breakfast you will be collected for your transfer to O.R. Tambo Airport for your onward travels. [B]