01/05/2018 - 15/07/2018
16/07/2018 - 31/07/2018
01/08/2018 - 31/08/2018
01/09/2018 - 15/12/2018
Sustainable & Rewarding
Embark on a journey through South Africa while staying at stunning Fair Trade Tourism accredited properties and taking part in some exciting Fair Trade Tourism approved day excursions.
Spend three nights in Cape Town’s leafy Southern Suburbs at the elegant Vineyard Hotel on a bed & breakfast basis. Excursions during your Cape Town stay include a scheduled Revolution Route Tour with an English speaking guide, expanding on the revolutionary struggle in Cape Town from the 60s to 90s, as well as the option of a private Winelands or Cape Peninsula guided experience with Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris.
Continue along the coast to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, just outside Gansbaai, about a two-hour drive from Cape Town. The natural beauty of Grootbos, its unparalleled Walker Bay views and amazing fynbos conservation and community upliftment initiatives will leave you in awe.
Next stop is the famous Kruger National Park for a three-night Kruger Walking Trails package experience consisting of one night at Rhino Post Safari Lodge and two nights at Plains Camp. Safari activities such as game drives and bush walks are included in this exciting safari stay.
Spend the last two nights in Johannesburg’s The Peech Boutique Hotel on a bed & breakfast basis. A bicycle tour in Soweto, a South African township which the late president Nelson Mandela once called home, is included in your stay.
- Rates are RACK & commissionable to international inbound tour operators
- Rates for 16.12.17 – 15.01.18 are available on request
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- Quote based on standard room types only
- Package is based on a minimum of 2 guests
- The Kruger National Park is located in a malaria area, so please visit your local health practitioner prior to travel
- Road transfer from Cape Town International Airport to the Vineyard Hotel
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the Vineyard Hotel in a Courtyard Room on a bed & breakfast basis
- Scheduled Coffeebeans Routes Revolution Route guided tour with an English speaking guide (not private)
- Private Cape Peninsula or Winelands Tour with an English speaking guide
- Road transfer from the Vineyard Hotel to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Grootbos Forest Lodge on a full board basis. Includes 3 daily meals and the following activities: Horse riding for non and experienced riders through the reserve (please note the weight limit is 90kg/198lbs per person and children under the age of 12 are only allowed on guided pony rides); guided walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks; nature, marine & coastal drives and walks including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk and Klipgat Cave combined with seasonal land-based whale watching (whale watching especially during July to December); and bird-watching. Various maps of the reserve and area for self-guided walks. Transfers to/from all activities
- Road transfer from Grootbos Private Nature Reserve to Cape Town International Airport
- Road transfer from Skukuza Airport to Rhino Post Safari Lodge
- 3-night Kruger Walking Trails Package with Rhino Walking Safaris: Includes 1 night at Rhino Post Safari Lodge and 2 nights at Plains Camp. All meals and selected beverages. Activities: Rhino Post Safari Lodge includes 2 game drives per day (no children under the age of 6). Plains Camp includes 2 activities per day which consists of a walk and a second option of either a walk or a game drive (no children under the age of 12 on walks and no children under the age of 6 on game drives)
- Road transfer from Plains Camp to Skukuza Airport (an additional charge may apply for early departures)
- Road transfer from O.R. Tambo International Airport to The Peech Boutique Hotel
- 2 nights’ accommodation at The Peech Boutique Hotel in a Garden Room on a bed & breakfast basis
- Road transfer to Soweto for a 4-hour bicycle tour
- Road transfer from The Peech Boutique Hotel to O.R. Tambo International Airport
- All flights
- Meals not mentioned
- Additional activities
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Telephone calls
- Travel insurance
THE RATES ARE VALID FROM 01 OCTOBER 2017 TO 15 DECEMBER 2018 AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF ALL SERVICES AT THE TIME OF BOOKING
A transfer from Cape Town International Airport will take you to the Vineyard Hotel situated in Cape Town’s leafy Southern Suburbs.
As a Fair Trade Tourism certified property, the hotel pays special attention to socially, economically and environmentally sustainable practices. And since taking care of people is what they do best, they extend their passion to the less-advantaged Cape communities with their Kids of the Cape Fund, assisting various upliftment projects that provide child/youth refuge and care, education, skills training, feeding and care of the disabled.
On arrival at the Vineyard Hotel with its spacious grounds and elegant ambience, you’ll want to sit back with a cup of tea and enjoy the serenity of the garden and this peaceful paradise. As a dining option, we recommend the tasting menu at Myoga Restaurant. Overnight at Vineyard Hotel.
Enjoy a morning at leisure. You might want to make use of the time to venture into the city, explore the V&A Waterfront and go up Table Mountain for those uninterrupted views of the city (for own account).
Depart on a scheduled tour with Coffeebeans Routes, a Fair Trade Tourism certified company, on a scheduled guided Revolution Route tour (with English speaking guide, not private). The Revolution Route is about stories of revolutionary struggle in Cape Town, primarily focussing on the period from the 60s through early 90s, and the armed struggle against Apartheid. The tour seeks to provide greater context by including revolutionary acts by the indigenous Khoi and slaves against colonial regimes. The Revolution Route offers a unique lense through which to discover the city, moving as it does spatially from the historic centre and economic capital, through places such as Langa, Athlone and Nyanga. Overnight at Vineyard Hotel. [B]
Depart on a private tour of your choice with an English speaking guide. Set off either to the Winelands, sampling some of South Africa’s outstanding wines at three wine farms in Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl, or discover the Cape of Good Hope with its spectacular ocean views and incredible natural scenery. Your guide will recommend a beautiful lunch spot (lunch for own account). Overnight at Vineyard Hotel. [B]
Cape Town – Gansbaai
After breakfast you will be collected for an approximate two-hour transfer to the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, a truly magical fynbos reserve situated near Gansbaai. Grootbos Lodge is proudly Fair Trade Tourism certified.
The Grootbos Foundation, established in 2003 as a non-profit organisation, drives an array of projects, with the main objectives being community, culture and conservation, where they work to conserve the critically endangered fynbos, while also focussing on the training and skills development of the surrounding communities.
As you enter Grootbos Forest Lodge, you will be blown away by the absolutely spectacular views over Walker Bay—so become still for a minute to just take it all in. Your stay is on a full board basis, so enjoy a delicious five-course dinner prepared by talented chefs. Overnight at Grootbos Forest Lodge. [BLD]
Day Five & Day Six
Enjoy two full days on the reserve to connect with nature and take part in the array of activities on offer. There is horse riding through the reserve for non and experienced riders; guided walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks; and nature, marine & coastal drives and walks including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk and Klipgat Cave combined with seasonal land-based whale watching. Various maps of the reserve and area are also available for self-guided walks. Perhaps join a Marine Safari (additional charge) for a chance to spot the Marine Big 5: Southern Right Whale, Great White Shark, Bottlenose Dolphin, Cape Fur Seal and African Penguin. Overnight at Grootbos Forest Lodge. [BLD]
Gansbaai – Cape Town – Kruger Park
There is an early morning transfer from the Grootbos Lodge to Cape Town International Airport for your onward flight to Skukuza in the Kruger National Park. From Skukuza you will be transferred to the Fair Trade Tourism accredited Rhino Post Safari Lodge situated in a beautiful private wilderness concession for a luxurious and stylish one-night stay. Set off on an afternoon game drive for a chance to view amazing African wildlife before returning to a communal dinner where African tales and memories are eagerly shared. Overnight at Rhino Post Safari Lodge. [BLD]
After a morning game drive and breakfast, a transfer to Plains Camp awaits for an exclusive specialist safari experience at the intimate tented camp. Plains Camp is an activity-based destination specialising in wilderness walking safaris led by experienced guides. Revel in the miracles of nature, from insect life to birds to the fragrance of the bush and mighty predators. Overnight at Plains Camp. [BLD]
Your day in nature will be filled with guided bush walks and game drives where responsible and ethical eco-tourism is core, where plants and animals are treated with respect, and guests have the opportunity to encounter animals in their natural habitat on the animals’ terms, knowing that the guest experience is not harmful to nature – with no off-road driving or harassment of animals and that a percentage of the guest’s spend goes directly towards conservation. Overnight at Plains Camp. [BLD]
Kruger Park – Johannesburg
Embark on a return Skukuza to O.R. Tambo International Airport flight from where you will be transferred to your Johannesburg city stay at the Fair Trade Tourism accredited The Peech Boutique Hotel, an establishment which aims to have an as small as possible impact on the environment but a big and positive impact on the community. Settle into your room and enjoy an unwinding drink at The Peech Bar. Overnight at The Peech Boutique Hotel. [B]
After breakfast you will be collected by a Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris representative for a transfer to Soweto, a South African township which the late president Nelson Mandela once called home. Set off with the Fair Trade Tourism recognised Lebo’s for a bicycle tour through the township – this is a fun and interactive way to experience the life and culture within the township. Overnight at The Peech Boutique Hotel. [B]
When your bags are packed and you are ready to go, you will be collected for your transfer to O.R. Tambo International Airport for your onward travel arrangements. [B]