The Exclusive South African Journey
01/08/2019 - 30/09/2019
01/10/2019 - 30/11/2019
The Exclusive South African Journey
This exclusive journey through South Africa is curated for the discerning traveller and includes two of the country’s most luxurious destinations! Your journey begins at the Ellerman House in the heart of Cape Town, voted by Travel + Leisure Magazine as the top city hotel in Africa. At this former shipping magnates’ home, you will experience refined artistic expression, authentic gourmet cuisine and luxurious surroundings. Your journey then continues to South Africa’s largest private game reserve, Tswalu Kalahari—a unique African wilderness that forms part of the Relais & Chateaux hotel collection of gourmet restaurants, boutique hotels, resorts and villas.
- This quotation is based on a minimum of 2 guests sharing
- Rates are RACK & commissionable to international tour operators
- Rates and services are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking
- Comprehensive travel insurance is recommended
- 2 complimentary nights included in the package price
- Transfer from Cape Town International Airport to Ellerman House
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Ellerman House in a Deluxe House Room on a bed and breakfast basis
- Transfer from Ellerman House to Cape Town International Airport
- Return flights from Cape Town International Airport to Tswalu Kalahari
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Tswalu Kalahari in a Motse Suite on a Fully Inclusive basis. Includes: All meals. Private guide, vehicle, and tracker per booking (minimum 3-night stay). Walking safaris, led by our experienced field guides and trackers. Horse-back safaris. All beverages and full selection from the award-winning wine-list. In-suite tea & coffee facilities. In-suite honour bar and gourmet pantry. Laundry and valet services. Wireless access. Children's Junior Ranger programme, and baby-sitting. National telephone calls. Excludes: Gift shop purchases. Spa treatments. Tswalu Foundation donations. Gratuities. Helicopter experience. Malori Sleep out experience and any services not specified.
- All other airfares, air reservations and airport taxes
- All other accommodation
- All other meals
- All other transport
- All other sightseeing
- Gratuities for meals, tourist guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic and other beverages, telephone calls and laundry
- Any other services not mentioned
THE RATES ARE VALID FROM 01 AUGUST 2019 – 30 NOVEMBER 2019
Day One to Day Three
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will be met by a representative and transferred to the award-winning Ellerman House.
Ellerman House is situated along Cape Town’s Atlantic Seaboard in the prestigious suburb of Bantry Bay. This Cape Edwardian mansion, once the private residence of the shipping magnates Sir John and Lady Ellerman, is the epitome of exceptional luxury living paired with uninterrupted ocean views. It showcases the very finest in South African hospitality, cuisine, art and wine. Every detail is meticulously taken care of and you can enjoy two lounges, a library, a dining room, three dining terraces, a spa, a fitness centre as well as a swimming pool and brandy lounge. Ellerman House also boasts a wine gallery, a contemporary art gallery and a champagne cellar.
Cape Town – Northern Cape
After breakfast you will be transferred from Ellerman House to Cape Town International Airport where you will board a flight to Tswalu Kalahari’s own private airstrip.
Tswalu Kalahari is South Africa’s largest private game reserve and covers an area of over 100 000 hectares of pure wilderness in the Northern Cape. It is a safari of unique quality that showcases rare species including the Desert Black Rhino, the Kalahari Lion, Cheetah, Pangolin and Roan Antelope. Tswalu Kalahari is an exclusive African retreat and is part of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux collection. It’s an all-encompassing experience that blends game drives, walking safaris, horse trails and sleep-outs under the stars. When nature isn’t beckoning to be explored, you’ll be taken on a healing journey through the spa which opens onto a garden of native plants, including a meditative labyrinth, outdoor treatment areas and a space for al fresco yoga.
Northern Cape – Cape Town
After breakfast you will be flown back to Cape Town International Airport to continue with your onward travel arrangements.