The Cape Peninsula
Cape Town is set on a spectacular mountainous peninsula that is washed by both the cold Atlantic and warmer Indian oceans. Strong mountains and deep bays have created unique and diverse natural areas and human settlements that are full of character and interest.The City centre is located on the shores of Table Bay in a natural amphitheatre at the foot of the iconic Table Mountain, a New7Wonder of the World. The Atlantic seaboard includes prime white sand beaches such as Clifton, Camps Bay and Llandudno.
Hout Bay is a beautiful enclave at the foot of Chapman’s Peak, which boats one of the most scenic, sheer roadways in the world. Cape Point is the evocative southernmost tip of the Peninsula and its wildness has been preserved as the Cape Point Nature Reserve. Quaint villages and historic towns line the False Bay coast with its attractive beaches and stunning scenery. There are several historic wine estates and newer boutique wineries dotted along the Peninsula.
• Table Mountain, a New7Wonder of the World – the summit can be reached via the cableway or hiking trails
• The Atlantic seaboard drive with the stunning Twelve Apostles mountain range on one side and gorgeous white sandy beaches and rocky coastlines on the other
• Scenic Hout Bay with its attractive village, the World of Birds and marine cruises to Seal Island where Cape Fur Seals breed
• The breath-taking Chapman’s Peak Drive from Hout Bay to Noordhoek
• The rugged and evocative Cape Point, and the unique biodiversity of the Cape Point Nature Reserve
• Visits to the rare African Penguin breeding colony at Boulder’s Beach
• The naval base, waterfront and shopping at Simon’s Town
• The quaint seaside village of Kalk Bay with its small fishing harbour, excellent restaurants and interesting shops
• Swimming at the tidal pool at St James and surfing at Muizenberg beach
• The Constantia wine route including the historic Groot Constantia estate and other boutique wineries
• Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens preserves some of the last remaining montane forest and showcases the unique indigenous Cape flora
Our professionally guided Cape Town Day Tours, Cape Town Experiences, Cape Town Adventures and Cape Town Getaways will help you make the most of your visit.