More property updates we have received recently.
O on Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa (Cape Town, South Africa) has added 2 additional luxury rooms into its offering. Rooms nine and ten are connected and fully integrated into the hotel in the part of The Residence. Each of the rooms is individually styled and decorated, with some features in common.
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa (Cape Winelands, South Africa) has opened a new restaurant, Le Verger, which is situated in the glass conservatory of the hotel and offers delicious platters, live music and exquisite, award-winning wines.
Maintenance work on the road from Oudtshoorn to the Cango Caves (Oudtshoorn, South Africa) is currently underway. There is a stop/go system in place, with an expected 30-minute waiting period. Please plan your departure times accordingly to avoid missing your tour.
Malandela Guest Manor (Johannesburg, South Africa) has been renamed to OR Tambo Guest House.
Umsisi House (White River, South Africa) has amended its closure dates and will now close from 05 May 2018 and is scheduled to re-open 21 May 2018. The previous closure dates were 21-24 May 2018.
Kariega Game Reserve (Eastern Cape, South Africa) is adding a Wellness Centre to Main and Ukhozi Lodge, which is due to open towards the end of January 2018. The centre is located in a quiet, secluded spot.
andBeyond Phinda Vlei Lodge (Phinda Private Game Reserve, South Africa) will be closed for refurbishments from 14 January 2018 and is scheduled to re-open on 31 May 2018.
A fire broke out at Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge (Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve, South Africa) on 07 January 2018, in the change rooms adjacent to the swimming pool and spa. The resulting damage means that the change rooms and rest rooms at the swimming pool are unavailable until further notice. The deck, swimming pool and spa area have not been affected and are fully operational.
Due to the high water levels currently experienced in Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), the Devil’s Pool is closed as of 10 January 2018. There is an alternative pool where visitors can enjoy swimming.
Ulusaba Safari Lodge (Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa) has re-included the 3 Safari Rooms into its total inventory as of 01 January 2018.
Batonka Guest Lodge (Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe) will be expanding and adding 5 new rooms. The new “Flame Lily” block is scheduled to open on 01 July 2018. The block will have its own pool, bar, lounge and breakfast area. The building of these rooms will not affect the current lodge and guests at all.
Singita Pamushana Lodge (Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve, Zimbabwe) will be closed for renovations from 15 January 2018 until 13 May 2018.
Ngoma Safari Lodge (Chobe, Botswana) will introduce a boma in April after the rains. The boma will be located 150 metres from the lodge, and guests will be escorted there for dinner in the evening.
The introduction of the Botswana Tourism Development Levy has been cancelled to allow its government more time to consult the industry.
Renovation dates for Desert Camp (Sossusvlei, Namibia) have been amended from January – June 2018, to January – May 2018.
Oase Garni Guest House (Damaraland, Namibia) has been renamed to Melissa’s Guest House.
Reminder: Replacement of Damaged or Stolen Tyres with Bidvest Car Rental
- South Africa – In the event of a damaged/stolen tyre in South Africa, the customer is to urgently contact Bidvest Car Rental who will arrange a replacement tyre. The client is not to replace the tyre and should they do that, Bidvest Car Rental will not refund.
- Namibia – In the event that a client requires assistance with the replacement of a tyre in a remote location of Namibia, a call-out fee and fuel will be charged to the renter’s account. The correct procedure to follow in the event of a damaged tyre is to contact Bidvest Car Rental immediately. If Bidvest is unable to assist, they will recommend a contracted Bidvest tyre distributor closest to the client’s location, where a tyre can be bought on their account. If Bidvest does not have an account facility with the tyre distributor, the client can purchase a new replacement tyre of the same make and size. Bidvest will then refund the client on presentation of the receipt. In the event of the correct make and size not being sourced, the client may repair the tyre and Bidvest will refund the client for the repair cost. Please note: The repair refers specifically to damage to the running surface of the tyre and excludes the side wall.
Reminder: Lanzerac Hotel & Spa (Stellenbosch, South Africa) will be taking bookings from 01 October 2018. During the estate’s closure, there have been extensive upgrades and renovations due to a fire which occurred on the property in May 2017.
Reminder: The restaurant at the Protea Hotel by Marriott Hazyview (Hazyview, South Africa) will undergo a refurbishment from early January 2018. The refurbishment is scheduled to be completed by April 2018. The hotel’s team has made arrangements to accommodate guests’ meals in an alternative venue during the time of the refurbishment in order to not impact the guest experience in any way.
Reminder: Shamwari Private Game Reserve (Eastern Cape, South Africa) will undergo an intensive upgrading process in 2018 and 2019. Please take note of the following new closure dates:
- Eagles Crag: Closed from 01 May 2018 and scheduled to re-open end of August 2018
- Riverdene: Closed from 01 May 2018 and scheduled to re-open end of August 2018
- Long Lee Manor: Closed from 01 November 2018 and scheduled to re-open end of November 2019
- Sarili: Closed from 15 January 2019 and scheduled to re-open 15 December 2019