More property updates we have received recently.
Europcar (South Africa) has discontinued the Group S as of 01 June 2017. Europcar no longer offers a large, manual SUV. They have Group R, which is an automatic group featuring the Nissan X-Trail.
Reminder: Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town (Cape Town, South Africa) is undergoing a soft refurbishment on 110 of its 201 rooms as well as social spaces. The anticipated date of completion is 31 October 2017.
Arabella Hotel & Spa (Kleinmond, South Africa) is currently undergoing a refurbishment in selected areas of the hotel, which is due to be completed by 25 September 2017.
Further to the fires that broke out in Knysna and the surrounding area (Garden Route, South Africa) on 07 June 2017, Kanonkop House anticipates a re-opening in November 2017 after refurbishments.
Shamwari Game Reserve (Eastern Cape, South Africa) will undertake a series of refurbishments and upgrades of their lodges during 2018 and 2019. The following properties will be closed; details as follows:
- Eagles Crag Lodge will be closed for May and June 2018 and will re-open on 01 July 2018.
- Riverdene Family Lodge will be closed in June, July and August 2018 and will re-open on 01 September 2018.
- Long Lee Manor will be closed from 01 November 2018 and will re-open on 01 December 2019.
- Sarili Lodge will close on 15 January 2019 and re-open on 16 December 2019.
- Bayethe Tented Lodge will be closed for the month of July 2018.
- Lobengula Lodge will remain open for the entire year in 2018 and the Explorer Camp will continue to operate seasonally from the beginning of October to the end of April annually.
Castello Di Monte (Pretoria, South Africa) will be closed from 18 December 2017 until 07 January 2018 as part of their annual close-down and refurbishments. They will also be closed from 16 December 2018 to 06 January 2019.
African Pride Irene Country Lodge (Pretoria, South Africa) has commenced with renovations to the property on 04 September 2017.
The Stanley & Livingstone (Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe) will close for a major refurbishment on 12 November 2017 and will re-open on 01 August 2018.